Monday, March 29, 2010

Day Zero - Rest day in Iringa

Since I am feeling so much better, I have been eating an inhuman amount of food.
The night before the rest day, most of the riders and staff headed to a bar called Shooters. Unfortunately, a bunch of Peace Corps people had also headed to a bar called Shooters. I didn't even know that the Peace Corps still existed. I thought it was one of those bad ideas from the Eighties like plaid shirts and leg warmers.

I had the strangest hotel room. Well, suite. Well, kind of suite. It was in a lodge (read motel) out of the centre of town. They had made a suite by knocking a big room and a small room together. Then they had piled in all the furniture that they possibly could.

So, in the little sitting room, there were:
* three chairs,
* a table,
* a TV,
* the thing that was the TV was on,
* a bar fridge,
* and a cabinet for the fridge to sit on.
This was all in a room about 2m by 2m. Pretty crowded.

In the bedroom there was:
* a pretty big bed,
* a wardrobe,
* a broken floor lamp,
* a dressing lamp,
* two bedside tables,

Ok. I got bored writing this list. This really would have been one of those cases were a picture is worth a thousand words. I should have thought of that before I checked out and left the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment