Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nimble Vagrant Active

Kilometers riden: 0.0.

I think that I am actually almost ready to roll out.

The only thing that I am missing is a Southern Cross sticker for my bike. I had figured that everyone loves Australians. Some people tell me that this might not be 100% true though, so it might be just as well that I didn't get that sticker.

Oh yeah, the other thing that happened is that I ended up with an extra pair of knicks and a missing pair of bibs. Not so annoying, and might even make things easier when I inevitably get gastro.

I got around to testing the fancy luggage lock I got for my locker on the Tour. It had some picture instructions for how to set the combination. Turns out, it was way too complicated for me. I got to the last step where the hasp was meant to lock down and it just wouldn't go down. I raged out and tried locking it down with a hammer. The inside of the lock was quite interesting.

That is the sort of calm thinking that will minimise fuss and maximise enjoyment. Don't worry, I am not packing a hammer.

Right now, I am 102kg (thanks Pecan Pies), so I should have plenty of fat to chew through and last the distance.

For those that need it, here are the latest contact information for the Tour guys:

By Phone

Toronto Office: +1 416 364 8255 (between 10am and 6pm EST)

South Africa Office: +27 84 353 1975 (between 2am and 10am EST)

By Twitter:

Twitter is a web based service that allows users to send short, 140 character, messages to each other via SMS (text) and the web. For TdA, using twitter will allow us to send 5 -10 short updates each day from the tour. Family and friends of riders can follow these updates and even reply via twitter. To receive updates you must have a twitter account and follow us at http://twitter.com/tdalive. More info below on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment